Day One Hundred Seventy Three - Recovery Day 46

Today was officially the "firing off" date for Hallowed Eve 8 this coming Friday night! We got things started. Since I'm not able to lift for another two weeks, I had everyone else move and stack those heavy pews. Yay honestly I'm happy because I don't gotta mess with those things this year. Every year, it's always me and Lisa moving them. They are really long and made of solid wood so they are super heavy. We've gotta move them all to the side of the sanctuary area and stack them 3 high. This year, I get a pass haha. Anyway, we were serving lunch after service today so we had plenty of dudes there so they all stacked the pews. Funny thing was that as many guys that were helping, they couldn't really lift those pews so I was there helping them (or trying to help them) until Lisa got after me for lifting. I forget a lot of times. I don't realize that I'm supposed to be taking it easy. That's how I made that mistake with the heavy box a couple weeks ago before we went selling. So I had to bow out and just tell them where to put them and how to stack them. So, we've got it all out of the way now so tomorrow, we'll be starting to decorate. I'm thinking we'll or I'll be there everyday from morning to night because I really want to get this event decorated and ready to go by Thursday night. So far, every year I've done 'Hallowed Eve' I was still working on it the day that we put it on, which made it very stressful for me because I wouldn't get much help, except Lisa, and we'd be still setting up on Friday and everyone would be getting restless and leaving on that day, then I'd be getting those "looks" like 'why aren't we starting'. During those times I just wanna say "Well if the rest of you would HELP instead of just standing there and not caring to do anything, we'd have had it all done by now", but I can't say that. Anyway, it's because of that reason that I want to get this all done by Thursday night so I don't gotta worry about it none come Friday because on that day it'll be "Bills Day" for Lisa and I. We'll have plenty to do.

The Awesome thing about today, I forget to mention, was my uncle got Baptized today!! That was so great! He's the one who had some problems earlier on in the month. Well his wife took him back in and now he's back home. Today he was baptized, which was a very wonderful thing. They did it just before service. I thought that maybe it was a bit embarrassing for him because when they did it, the pastor said everyone could go up there and take pictures so there were ppl standing there taking pictures while he was getting baptized. Eh...I didn't know about that. Yes, I was one of them lol but no not by choice. My mom gave me her phone and asked me to snap some pix so I did, but I stood kinda away and not up close and personal like everyone else did. Dang! Anyway, hopefully he stays on a straight course in his life and grows stronger in the Lord and that he leads his family down the right path. I know his wife needs help both mentally and spiritually. Nobody is perfect!

Well I'm going to close this blog early. I wanna relax a bit because I won't be able to do much of that this week. Lots of work to be done...a whole LOT!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR