Day Twenty Eight - New Car Day

Today was the BEST DAY of the month!!!!
I got a new car!!!! Well, it's not a new new car, but it's new to me, as in a car for me :D
There's this car that Lisa's mom had for years. I did some work on it for her once a few years ago. Anyway, it's been sitting at her old neighbors house for about a year now. I always thought she gave it to those ppl. I was always wondering and wishing if she would've gave it to me. It looked like a nice car! I always told Lisa that. Well, today when Lisa and her mom went up town to pay for her school, they drove by that house and Lisa mentioned that I wanted it. Her mom right away told Lisa that she would sell it to me! She called me and told me. She told me the price and I was blown away!! Talk about a deal. She only wanted $300 for it and the best part is that it is running :) It actually starts. So they took it away from those people. They wanted to buy it but were never going to pay her for it. They had it for over a year and they were taking parts off of it. I told Lisa's mom that I would pay her and she trusts me so I made the deal. I'm so happy!! When I used to see this car over there, I honestly thought it was broke down. I thought it was not working, but here she drives it over to my place and parks it in my driveway :D Wow wow wow!!!!!!!!
Right away, Lisa and I drove it around a bit. It's not registered and is still in her mom's name. She said she would give me the title to it tomorrow. I told her that I would pay her the full amount on July 3rd. She was wanting me to pay a lil here and there. So we told her that I'd pay the full amount if she could wait until the 3rd, which she was totally cool with. Now she'll have money for the July 4th holiday ;) Everything worked out. God really does answer prayers. This car will really help us. It has problems, but they can be fixed. I have no problem with it. I'm just glad it runs with no problems. All the electrical works inside it and it's really great!
Lisa and I drove it to my dad's house this evening to show him. They were all so happy for me. Dad helped me clean it out. Because it had been sitting there for a year, it was really dirty and oh man, the engine was worse! So much dirt everywhere and old grease/oil caked on all over. We washed it really good and used his air compressor to get the dirt out of the hard to reach spots. Now, MY car is really looking nice! I just can't wait to get the title to it. It's a 1999 Mercury Sable. Old car, but it's in great shape. Just a few minor dents and the windshield is completely Flawless :D No cracks or anything! I'm very impressed. For that much money, this was such a great deal. I'm just so excited ;) A new car!!! A brand new awesome car. I'm so thankful!!!

Did 3 miles this morning!
I was going to do my bowflex workout, but when Lisa left with her mom, I went into the weight room and started trying to hook up the speakers we had in there. Lisa's mom gave those speakers to me a long time ago. Ever since I moved to this place, they never worked. So the other day I bought speaker wire because I'm in there so often working out and I need my music to really motivate me and so I can see how far I'm going by seeing how many songs I listen to.

I spent the whole morning trying to hook up the speakers. Lisa and her mom interrupted me by bringing my new car over. That threw me off so I'll finish putting it back together tomorrow.

No more workouts today! I was just way too excited and happy that I got a new car :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR