Day Twelve - REST DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Today turned out to be a rest day! Lisa asked me when I went to wake her up for our 3 miles this morning, if we could have a rest day since it was Sunday. I thought about it, then said, sure! That's when I realized it was Mother's Day! Then I was totally ok with it. I called my mom and wished her Happy Mother's Day. Then, I wanted to take Lisa out because I Always give this day to her as well. I've said this all day (something my mom doesn't understand) Mother's Day is a day for all ladies who care, love, sacrifice, put others before themselves, teach, and do their best to provide. Those qualities are the very definition of being a Mother. There are so many women out there who don't have kids, yet do every one of those things. This day is for them also! On the other hand, there are women out there who actually had/have kids who are neglectful, only caring about themselves, and who don't seem to care about their kids. Those kind of women Don't deserve this day! Now my mom, she thinks only moms (women who have kids) deserve to celebrate this day! That shows how much she and I are NOT alike. We see things on a totally different level. My mom just sees what's in front of her. Me, I see everything, even the things hidden in the clouds, as well as those hidden in the parts that we can't see. I look into people's heart and mind. My mom doesn't do that. She's bitter, in that sense. But, I still love my mom. We just don't see things the same, ever!

So that's my view on Mother's Day! I always give this day to Lisa because she's an amazing woman and she's my best friend. She takes care of me, as much as I take care of her. She's responsible, loving, caring, selfless, and she's willing to put her wants aside for others. She's always thinking of others before herself, which is how I taught her to be. She's grown into an Amazing lady and I'm so proud of her. I've been raising her since she was in high school, ever since HER MOM threw her out on the streets because her mom's boyfriend didn't like her (Lisa). He told Lisa's mom, Me or Her, one of us goes. Without hesitation, she looks at Lisa and says, "Goodbye." Then she called the cops and had Lisa thrown out on the streets because she was 18 at that time. Lisa had no where to go. She was on the verge of giving up. That's when I moved back here from Albuquerque and when nobody wanted her, I took her in. I put her thru the rest of her high school. I bought her graduation stuff and I pushed her to do her best. I never let her go and I never will. She's been a big part of my life and my family ever since. Now, she's a very wonderful and ambitious person. She's going for her nursing degree and will hopefully be entering nursing school in January. I'm so proud of her. She gives me things all the time, whenever she can. She's there for me whenever I need her. She's a wonderful person and this day, Mother's Day, she deserves it more than many Many women out there. So I always celebrate it for her.

I took her to a movie, then I took her to lunch at her favorite restaurant. Afterwards, I took her to work so she could just relax on the way over. I also bought her a card and gift that I'm going to give her when I pick her up here in a little bit. It's been a great day! I also bought my mom a card and took it over to her place. So, all in all, this day was great! I'm happy that we got our big bill paid off. I'm surprised that my internet is still on, but I'm guessing it's because of the weekend. I'm sure by tomorrow morning, even, it'll be off. Anyway, tomorrow I'm back on Fyrescape II. I have big plans for myself as far as my workouts go. Getting back to the hardcore tomorrow. Goodnight and again, a very Happy Mother's Day to all out there who deserve this day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR