Day Thirty Three - REST DAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE BROTHER!!!!

Wow, I have no idea how old he is. I think he's 24 now, maybe. Anyway, the day was pretty ok! Went and fed my parents' animals again this morning. I sure like seeing those dogs. They seem happy to see me. I make sure they have food and give'em fresh water. Been doin that since Friday night so now they're used to it.

After we left their place, it was so hot that I drove back down to the river haha. I go in there this time! I wanted to yesterday, but didn't. Today I dove in there and OMG did it feel refreshing!!! I actually swam in the river in May. I haven't done that in forever! Usually the river is too icy cold until late June. Well, I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty damn cold, but I quickly got used to it. Lisa got in after a while also and we just had a great time swimming! We were down there all by ourselves. I really wish we'd brought Cody and Cooper. I wanted to yesterday, but I didn't want to go back and get them. Good thing I didn't because when we were leaving, these ppl showed up. Dang there must've been about ten ppl in two different vehicles. A family. Bunch of kids. We left just in time too. We came back because Lisa had to get ready for work. Well, I definitely got some exercise in today haha. Swimming in that strong current, that really was tough. Only bad thing was that I lost my hat :'( Darn that was my best hat too and the one I wear when I go walking and do my outside workouts. Crud, I'll need to get a new one. I was doing a deadmans float in the water and the current pulled the hat right off my head and sucked it under and I never saw it again. I was so sad, I really loved that hat too. Oh well, I'll find another one.

Before we went down to the river again, I spent the morning doing figures for our California trip this summer. I had Lisa in here with me and we figured on flight plans and everything. It added up to a lil too much for us. I mean, we could do it, but we'd be saving all summer long and wouldn't really be able to do anything this summer. We're planning on going August 15 - 19, but we decided to push it to the 21 when I decided a way to save lots of money, over $900 and that was by driving my truck out there by ourselves. That would save on the plane tickets, car rental. The only thing we'd have to worry about is gas. So, this summer I'm going to get my truck running really good and get it inspected, make sure everything is working good. Then we'll save up money and in August, we're heading to San Diego. I'm so excited, so is Lisa. I haven't been to the ocean in 15 years. Lisa has NEVER been to the ocean so she's really lookin forward to seeing it. so that's the plan, I'm gonna get my truck ready and come August after my 34th birthday, we are gone!!!!!

Lisa went to work and I just hung around. It started getting cloudy this afternoon, but it wasn't too bad. This evening I went back to my mom's place and fed their animals because they called and said they had just left Albuquerque at 9pm lol. So yeah, they're not gonna be back for a while. Well, that was my rest day. It was Awesome!! Time to just relax for the evening and hit the sack in a few. Goodnight!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR