Day One Hundred Twenty Seven - SURGERY DAY

Ok I'm actually writing this blog late, so don't think I was on the computer anytime during this day!

ALL FINISHED WITH MY SURGERY AND IT WENT VERY WELL!!!!!
They fixed my Umbilical Hernia, Woohoo!!!!

Oook now the pain.... :'( :'( :'( :'(
I cannot describe this pain!!! I am in so much pain. I have pain pills, but let me tell you, they don't take all the pain away. I still feel pain even after taking them. I have a long road to recovery. 8 weeks of recovery time. The doc doesn't want me lifting more than 15 pounds for at least 6 weeks. I can't drive for at least 10 days and this pain is going to be quite intense for the next few days. I don't know how long a few days is. Hopefully not too long because this pain is unreal.

I went into the hospital in the morning. I got checked in. Lisa was there with me, oh man she's such a trooper and supportive friend. My best friend!! Anyway, she waited with me in the waiting room for a few minutes, then they called me in. I went to the back and they had me change out of my clothes and into the hospital gown with NOTHING on underneath ugh lol. Then before I put on my gown, they told me to scrub myself down once again with those sticky cloths I'd been using the past 2 days. Yuck, so they made me very sticky and itchy. Oh my gosh I was laying there in the hospital bed afterwards, waiting for the doctors, and I was itching like crazy. It was horrible! But, they let Lisa in there with me so she sat with me in the room. We must've waited about 20 mins or so. During that time, the nurses and such came in and hooked me up to an IV then they got all my vitals and whatnot. Oh they checked my weight before I got on the bed and I lost 2 pounds since they checked it last, which was cool. Anyway, I sat there talking with Lisa and joking with her for a while during the wait. Nurses came in constantly and told me what was going on and if I had any questions. Finally after 20 minutes or so, the doctors got there and they wheeled me into the surgery room. I gave Lisa a thumbs up as they wheeled me away. She told me she'd wait there as long as it took.

They got me into the operating room and transferred me to the operating table. They, they told me what they were going to do and soon, they were strapping me down to the table. At that moment, they anesthesiologist told me I was now going to go to sleep and that was it...

I woke up some time later in the recovery room. Oh man I was so groggy and I didn't know where I was. There was a nurse or something sitting next to me explaining things to me, but I have no idea what she was saying. I asked her where I was and she said I was in recovery. Then I asked her if I was finished with surgery, she said yes. Then I asked if it went ok and she told me yes and that it went very well. I was so relieved, but oh man it took me a long time to focus. Finally I got my reality back lol. I must've fallen asleep again because when I woke up, my mom was sitting next to me. I was happy to see her. She asked me questions and I have no idea what I said, but I was answering her lol. Then Lisa came in and I was so happy to see her. I gave her a fist pump and we all talked a bit. Then after a bit, Lisa left because my aunt was there and wanted to come in and see me so Lisa left so she could come in, since my mom didn't want to leave. That was nice, I was so happy to see everyone. Oh man I couldn't feel anything, though. My eyes kept rolling to the back of my head and oh man my throat was sore. It was so sore and dry. When I tried to clear my throat, I felt the pain in my abdomen where they cut. They made the incision sideways below my bellybutton. The surgeon, which was the same dude I talked to during my pre-op, talked to me just before I went into the operating room. He talked to me and he met Lisa. He told me what he was going to do. I told him about that cramping I felt and that I didn't know if it got worse, so he said he'd look in there really good and make sure I'm completely fixed up. I was so happy!

Now the bad thing is I couldn't do ANYTHING on my own. I laid there for a while longer. The nurse kept asking me if I was ready to go home, but I told him I wanted to wait a bit longer so I did. Then, my other aunt who works out there, came in. It was nice to see her as well. We all talked and had some laughs. Oh that's it too, it's so hard to laugh. I can't laugh, cough, or even clear my throat because it is way too painful in my stomach. Anyway, finally I was ready to go so the nurse wheeled me to the bathroom where my clothes were. He helped me up and I stood up for the first time. Ouch it was painful, but I made it in there. I was so groggy and out of it. Lisa came in and helped me. I needed to go to the bathroom really bad so I went. Lisa had to help me because I had zero strength from my waist down. Finally, she helped me dress and they I walked outside and the nurse put me on a wheelchair and wheeled me out of the hospital to the car where Lisa was waiting. They all had to help me in. My mom and aunt followed me and Lisa home because I wanted them there to help me. They gladly did it. It took us a long time to get home. Oh man I'm so glad Lisa was off today! I needed her the entire day.

When we got home, it was heck trying to get out of the ride. I had no strength and I was in so much pain by then. Every bump we hit I could feel it in my stomach. Lisa, my mom and my aunt helped me get out of the car and they helped me crawl my steps inside my house. I sat down on my couch and stayed there. The doc wants me to move around as much as I can. He said to not just sit there and lay around. I need to move. Omg that is going to be so hard because it HURTS to move around. Even just sitting up and sitting down, I can't do that on my own. Lisa is helping me do EVERYTHING! One thing I need to do is work up to pooping. The medicine they gave me is going to make me constipated but that I need to keep trying. Oh man there is no strength in me. When I go pee, it's like I have no pressure. I can't push it out of me, nothing. It's like turning on a faucet then off then on then off. It's horrible. Lisa has to help me go to the bathroom and put on my clothes. I'm so so so glad I can trust her to do everything. I never felt embarrassed because she's my best buddy and I can trust her to do anything for me.

I WANT TO THANK GOD SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME THRU THIS SURGERY!! BECAUSE OF HIM, I AM NOW BETTER AND ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER FOR MAKING ME A STRONG PERSON AND HELPING ME THRU ALL OF THIS PAIN AND EXPERIENCE. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND WHAT YOU DO FOR ME EVERYDAY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

So I am doing good, just in so much pain. My stomach is feeling pain like you wouldn't believe. I know it will pass. My mom and my grandma, actually my whole family, are being so sweet to me it's beautiful. They are helping me with everything. My mom bought us lots of food because I'm supposed to eat easily digestible foods for a couple days. Everyone is checking on me and helping me with everything I need. Lisa, oh man, she's doing so much for me. I'm so proud and thankful for her support and everything she's doing for me. So far, the family have been Awesome!! But I need help walking around, getting off the couch, walking around. Everything! It's going to be a long and hard fought journey to recovery, but I am so up for it! Let's do this!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR