Day One Hundred Thirty Two - Recovery Day 5

Ok, definitely making progress today!
So I'm walking around with a walker that grandpa let me use. I'm also using a cane, actually more than anything. I also have crutches but I tried them out this morning and they are too short for me, the ones he gave me. Way too short.

Anyway after waking up this morning. I fell asleep early last night. But after waking up, I washed up, then took my pain meds. I really wanted to get out and walk, so I told Lisa. We got my walker outside and then I went for a walk with her :D Oh man it felt great to get out of the house. I mean, I've been getting outside most mornings while Lisa waters the trees and stuff, but this was the first time I actually got out there and walked. I still can't walk very fast. No I did not do the 3 miles, or especially the 6 miles lol. No I just walked out to the crossroads between my house and my parents place. That was my goal. It took me forever and I was really dizzy this morning. I think I totally had no energy at all. I wore myself out just washing up, then I get outside and start walking. I needed to take several rests. I couldn't sit down because lowering all the way to the ground was impossible for me. It was tough, but we made it back. Lisa stayed with me the whole way. When we got back, I went right inside because I was so tired. Lisa watered the trees and grass.

I'm moving around good and going to the bathroom by myself. It's tough, but I'm getting it done. I'm so glad our cell phones are still on. That is truly a blessing from God!!! Our cell phones were supposed to turn off sometime before my surgery, but thankfully they were and still are on! Oh man I really needed it too. Everyone was keeping in touch with me and has been throughout this recovery, especially when I first got home. If I didn't have my phone, it would've been tough for anyone to really keep contact with me. So that is so Awesome!

Lisa went to work again :( My mom and my brother came over this evening. It was nice because my mom called earlier today and said they were bringing pizza over :D :D :D Yummy I have been craving pizza for a few days and I think my body is up for some right now. Boy, those first few days were pretty tough because I couldn't really go to the bathroom. Now, I'm all good.

So they came over just as I started to watch the boring wwe raw show. Omgosh, that show is nothing but drama now. I don't even know why they call it "wrestling" or have "wrestling" anymore. They should just turn it into a soap opera show, literally, like Days of Our Lives or something. That's really what it is and most of their talent, including the big names, have NO BUISNESS doing what they do in that ring. They are the worst "pro wrestlers" in the world! I'm sure the women just sleep their way to the top like they used to in the old days, especially those Bella Twins. I guarantee those two are slept their way up there and that's why they stay on top. No question there and I'm not ashamed to say it. I guarantee it!!! It was a boring show. I did not care for it one bit. It was just something to watch since I'm laid up here at home.

My dad came over and fixed my A/C. The floater inside was broken so water was spilling out everywhere for the last few days. He was supposed to come over on Sunday to do it, but he didn't. Anyway, tonight he came over and now it's all fixed. It's really odd that him, my mom and brother aren't speaking. I hate when my family are like that towards each other. They need to humble themselves and start getting along better because we are all each other has got for the rest of our lives. It doesn't change, so everyone needs to pull the stick out of their asses and get back to normality!!!

Well this day has been good. My recovery is going very well. I'm very thankful to all my family and my best pal, Lisa. I hope to really come a long way by the time this week is up. Next Tuesday is when I go back for my follow up appointment with the surgeon and he's gonna take the staples out of me. That's something I'm not looking forward to. As much as it's been hurting..dang :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR