Day One Hundred Thirty Seven - Recovery Day 10

Today I felt like Superman!!!!
I woke up this morning and decided to go and get my grandma's newspaper, which is another thing that we do every morning. Since we go walking on our way back every morning we get my grandma's paper and take it to her house. Since my surgery, Lisa has been doing that along with all the chores around here. Well today I felt like doing that so I got my new cane that I got yesterday and headed out. I ended up walking all the way out to the crossroads, which is the same place I went to that first time. The second time I had to bring the chair and it took me two hours because I got so tired. haha well today, I did the whole thing by myself. Lisa was still asleep. I walked all the way over there alone. I prayed to God, like I do during my morning walks and then I came home. The great news, I was not tired. Not one bit!! I felt full of energy. I took my grandma's paper to her house and I got some good news in the mail. I got approved for Medicade. So now, I'm rolling. I can't wait to learn up on what I can do with that.

When I got home, Lisa finally woke up. She was so surprised that I did that walk. She kinda got after me for doing it without her, but she was happy I was pushing myself. She did the chores outside, watering the trees and I stayed inside and played my Super Mario Maker. It was super fun. I played last night too not long before Lisa got home, but my controller died out on me so I had it charging all night. I played it for a while. Lisa surprised me by doing some great yard work after watering the trees. She got ride of some huge piles of dirt and debris that we had in the front yard, then she cut so many weeds and got rid of those too. She came in all happy and asked me to come outside and look. I was really happy and glad she did that. It looks Awesome out there! We still have a lot more to do, but it's lookin better everyday.

She came inside and got ready, then we headed into town again. This time, the car ride didn't hurt me. We went to the movies and watched 'The Visit'. That movie was Awesome!! It was funny, like so laugh out loud funny and it was creepy both in one. We had a great time watching it. I'm still walking with my cane and I can't walk too fast, but I can definitely walk better than yesterday. Now comes the Awesome part of my day lol. The movie was great, but it made Lisa really queezy and sick. She also had a pounding headache when we got outside. I crawled into the passenger side again and she sat there at the wheel and was in pain and agony. So, I told her to get on the passenger side and that I would drive. She wouldn't let me at first, but I got out and walked around, then made her get on the passenger side. I wasn't about to let her drive while she was feeling that way. So I drove :D First time driving since surgery and it felt Amazing! She was really surprised. We went to get some lunch then headed home. She had to go to work so we ate here at home, then since she was feeling sick still, I took her to work!!! I drove her over there then came home, no problem. So yeah, I'm definitely making progress!

When I got home, my mom had called and I told her I drove. She was really surprised and blown away by how far I've come in this short amount of time. She invited me over for dinner. She asked me to drive over to her place haha. So I did. I ate with my mom, dad and brother. Told them about my day and the movie. It was great! My dad was asking how I was doing and feeling. I told him everything was superb. We also talked about my annual church event that I hold every year which I call 'Hallowed Eve'. This would be the eighth year. I think I mentioned in earlier blogs how my grandma was begging me to come back to church and do that again. Well I didn't think it was going to happen, but when the Pastor texted me a few days back and asked me to do it, well that got me goin and I started planning it. So this evening, we all talked about it and so tomorrow I'm going to church with Lisa and we're going to talk with Pastor and see what's going to happen. Looks like I'm going back to the church now. I had left back in January for good reasons. I just hope everything goes smoothly. I just want everything to work out.

Well, time to feed the animals now. I gotta go pick up Lisa at 11pm tonight. So I'm going to do the chores and then pick her up later. I did so much today! I'm very proud of myself ;)

Goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR