Day One Hundred Thirty Eight - Recovery Day 11


Woke up feeling good this morning. I did not go for a walk, instead I did some computer work. Just in case things did work out at church, I went ahead and made a 'Hallowed Eve 8' banner and printed it out. Took me all morning. Lisa had gotten up and got ready. After I was done printing it out, I also got ready then we headed to church. I'm really taking less pain pills now. I only take them if I really feel the pain down around my incision area, but so far I'm doing good.

We went to church. It was Great! We got in and sat down. No more than two minutes after we sat down, Pastor stopped everything and walked over and hugged us both. He was so happy that we were back and had everyone clapping lol. That was really nice! He then did his sermon and we sat and listened. It was nice to hear the Word of God once again thru Pastor Johnson. Great message today!

Afterwards, before dismissing everyone, he brought up the 'Hallowed Eve' event. He gets mixed up and calls it 'All Hallows Eve' which is NOT what I call it. That's what was confusing because apparently he was calling it that for the last month so I thought he renamed it. Anyway, he put me on the spot after service and told me what day they set it for and then he told me why they set that date and everything, which was cool. They picked the day I would've picked so it'll be happening on Friday, October 23 this year.

As everyone was leaving, he came over and talked with Lisa and I. He was so happy we were back. Then we got down to it. I asked him about the name and he says, "well whatever we called it last year, hallowed..uh..." then I was like, "Hallowed Eve" and he was like, Yeah that's it! I said, this is the eighth year so it's Hallowed Eve 8. Then I showed him the banner I made and he right away told me to email it to him so he could put it in the flyer he was making. So I plan on doing that later on and emailing him the banner. He also wants to get it printed out on a big banner and hang in in front of the church to advertise the event. Last year, 'Hallowed Eve 7' was so great! We did it really big and had the big obstacle course out behind the church. Everyone loved it. He told me to make it just like I did last year. I said I would and already, the ideas are pouring into my head. We're going to make it Awesome!! I'm excited, so is Lisa. After everyone left, we were still there talking to Pastor and his family, just like old times. Almost like we never left. We stood outside talking, laughing, joking. It was so great to do that again. We definitely missed every one of them and it was great to be together again. So, now I'll be using my recovery time to plan out this event. I'm going to build up the plans then present it to the church the first week in October, then we'll get to work on it.

After we finally left, we headed over to my mom's. She texted me while I was in church and invited me and Lees over for lunch. She also invited my grandparents over so they all came over as well. We had a great lunch. I told everyone what the Pastor and I talked about concerning 'Hallowed Eve' and everyone seems excited. They're glad I'm back and now working on it. I plan on making it really big this year and hope that everyone has an Awesome time. Even outdo what I did last year ;)

Lunch was great! It was scary because my grandma almost choked on some food. She really scared everyone. My brother got her and helped her right away so they got the food out of her throat. She just laughed it off afterwards, crazy lady lol. But lunch was great. My mom made spicy stew and it was great. We all loved the food. When we were done, I took Lisa to work again. It was already past when she needed to leave so I went ahead and took her again. I'll be picking her up again tonight same time at 11pm.

When I came home I just relaxed the evening. I wanted to watch the NY GIANTS game but I fell asleep. They lost to the Cowgirls :( Damn! That really made my evening go sour. I got a really killer migraine this evening. Right now it's pounding. It just happened, I don't know why or how. All evening, ugh. I fed the animals and brought in the kittens and Jayde. Now I'm just going to lay here and try to get rid of this migraine before picking up Lisa. Ugh...pain....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR