Day One Hundred Thirty One - Recovery Day 4


I feel pretty good today! My incision is looking really good. You can just see the staples and that's it. I think I'll heal up pretty nice. I go outside with Lisa when she waters the trees but today we didn't do that because yesterday and last night, it rained like crazy!! I mean it was pouring, that was Awesome! I really loved that. Smelling the rain and hearing it pour outside, that really made my healing process all the more better.

I took it easy most the day. I'm still having trouble getting up on my own. Lisa, my mom and my brother have been helping me just to get off the couch, sit down and everything. It's tough, but I can finally go to the bathroom on my own now. I don't need help, though it does take me a while. It hurts to move my stomach around so even just to shift from left to right, I can't do that. I also can't turn to my side when I'm laying down so every night since surgery, I've been laying flat on my back. It's ok, but it does wear on me after a while. I love to sleep on my side at night. I'm just glad I don't move around, that wouldn't be good for me.

So I was wanting to go to church this morning, but I don't think I can ride in vehicles just yet. My stomach hurts too much and my truck is kinda high off the ground. I don't think I'd be able to lift myself up into the passenger side to ride. I'm going to try driving by next weekend, but not if I'm taking my pain meds.

Mom brought over Navajo tacos today. She didn't want to cook here because we don't have our gas on, so she has to cook in Lisa's electric skillets and stuff. She doesn't like to cook in just that, so she decided to make the Navajo tacos at her house, then bring them over here. That was so nice and even though I'm not too much into Navajo tacos, she made them excellent and I loved them! It was so nice to just hang out with her afterwards and just watch movies.

My healing is coming along. I can move around great now, but still need help getting up off the couch and laying down. It's a slow process still, but I know I can get thru it ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR