Day One Hundred Twenty Nine - Recovery Day 2

I am coming along today! Oh man, I'm taking this pain like a champ. It hurts, let me tell you. I can't walk fast. I can't cough. I can barely go to the bathroom on my own. It hurts to bend my stomach in anyway, even just sitting down is painful as crow!

So last night, I woke up several times. Ugh it's pure agony just trying to get up from my bed. Lisa is super sweet and so watchful and caring. She sleeps in my room on my chair next to my bed. I wake up like every two hours and she's right there. She'll hop up out of the chair and come over and help me sit up, then she'll help me lift myself off the bed and hobble into the bathroom. Omgosh it's so hard to do anything.

Well good news, today I finally had a bowel movement!! :D Dang I was getting scared for a while there lol. I'm so glad everything still works down there. I had zero pressure from my waist down since I woke up from surgery. I knew last night that I really needed to go, but nothing came out but air. Ugh it was frustrating. I sure didn't want to have to go to the hospital because the paper I got said that if I didn't have a bowel movement within 3 days, to get my arse back to the ER. Anyway, don't gotta worry bout that now ;)

My mom came over and watched after me after Lisa went to work at 3. It was nice hanging out with my mom here at home. We sat around and watched movies all evening. About 5 o'clock, she started cooking. Oh man she cooked a very wonderful AWESOME meal. My mom is the BEST cook in the world, hands down! Seriously anyone reading this blog, I don't care if you think so and so in your family is whatever, NOBODY can beat my mom's cooking! Tonight she whipped up some homemade noodles with hamburger and cheese. Kinda like hamburger helper, but she made everything on her own and it tasted soooooo good!!!! Oh man I swear I'm going to put on about ten pounds during this recovery. I need to watch it lol. My brother came over and had dinner with us. He was supposed to go to a concert in Ignacio with my dad, but I guess my dad left without him.

Both my mom and brother stayed with me here tonight. It was nice having my brother here because he can help me get up a lot easier than my mom can. My mom has a hurt foot that's been trying to heal for a while now so I'm really afraid of her helping me too much. I wouldn't want her hurting herself by helping me. It was a great day for sure though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR