Day One Hundred Forty - Recovery Day 13 - FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT

Today I'm feeling pretty great!
This morning Lisa and I went into town. I bought dog food and cat food so now all my babies have food and I don't gotta worry bout them ;)
I also bought the movie 'Cinderella' on bluray :D I love that movie!!

I went to my Follow-Up appointment today at 2pm. The results, EXCELLENT!! I am doing superb :D :D :D The surgeon who did my hernia repair said my incision looked really great! He was very pleased with how clean it was and how nicely it was healing. I asked him those questions I had and he put my mind at ease. The hardness around my belly button was from the scarring where they did the repair. He said that it's going to be hard like that for maybe 3 months, then it'll start softening up. I also brought up the rash and blisters in my belly button (which cleared up yesterday though) and he said that was most likely a reaction from either the adhesive on the tape they used or from the bandages. He checked everything and it was all cleared up, which was Awesome.
Then he took out the staples from my incision. Oh man I could feel them coming out when he plucked them out one by one. It was a real sharp quick pain as they each came out, but it was cool. After, he put some strips on it to help close it up and heal where the staples were. Those strips are gonna stay on there for about 7 to 10 days, then they'll come off by themselves. So that's pretty Awesome! I got some more medication to take but since Lisa had to go to school at 4, I told them I would pick up my pills tomorrow morning, which they were cool with. So, the doc was very pleased and said I was doing great! I'm still on strict recovery for the next 4 weeks at least. He doesn't want me lifting more than 10lbs for the next 4 weeks. So, I gotta be really careful. This, however, was my last doctor visit for my surgery. I'm so thankful to God that it all went well and that I am all done with this process. Now all I gotta do it heal up, then I can get back to the norm and start working out and going back to work. I'm excited ;)

After we left, I called my mom and told her the news. We then decided to have dinner. Mom said she was going to take us and my brother out to Red Lobster for dinner. So, I took Lisa to the college for her class, then I went home for a bit, but was locked out of the house cause Lees had the dang keys and forgot to give them to me lol. Then I picked her up and at 5:30pm we met my mom and brother over at the restaurant. It was Awesome! We talked over some good ideas about 'Hallowed Eve 8' which I'm working on everyday.

When we were done, we decided to all meet up at my mom's place. Since I bought 'Cinderella' this morning and they hadn't seen it before, we decided to all watch it over there. That was fun! My mom bought Pumpkin Pie and her, Lees, my brother and I all enjoyed the movie over there. They really liked it. We had a great time. It was a very superb day indeed!!

Now, I'm going to relax and watch a scary movie here at home with Lees, then head to snoozeville. Gotta cruise out to the hospital in the morning to pick up my pills. So, Goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR