Day One Hundred Eighteen - Hospital visit for my hernia

Ok, now that I've had all my fun and that our Awesome California trip is passed, time to get back to business. I need to get my hernia fixed. As I've mentioned, it really was bothering me after those rides at Universal Studios. I had already made the decision to get it fixed soon as we got back from Cali. It's an issue that has really bothered me the entire time we were out there, especially when I couldn't ride that last Mummy ride.

So today I got the ball rolling, which I'm so happy about. Lees and I went to the hospital this morning. She also did her visit as well. She got her blood pressure checked and the doc wants her to work on her weight and start keeping a journal of everything she eats. I'm so glad she finally went in. I had been trying to get her to do that for years. So now, she's gotta watch her eating and she's gotta go back in sometime in October to see if her blood pressure came down any. If not, they're gonna put her on medication to help with that. I'm so proud of her for doing this. I want her to be healthy for the rest of her life.

As for me, I got my weight checked. Sadly it is now 330 :( Yeah yeah, but hey the good news is I finally know. I was so scared to check it. I remember back in June, I believe it was, my weigh scale said 342, then I stood on it again and it said 344. Oh man, I totally freaked out! Honestly, I really don't look like I even weight 300 pounds. It's crazy! You'd have to actually see me. But anyway, my weight came down about 14 pounds since last checking it. I'm sure I lost more, but because my hernia started acting up back around Lisa's birthday, I have really been going easy on. I pretty much stopped my hardcore workouts because I was afraid of it getting worse and ruining our San Diego trip. Anyway, I'm sure my weight went up a few pounds since then, but you never know. My weight is just so weird. It dances, that's what it does.
Anyway, I went to the walk-in clinic and they checked me over. The doctor examined my hernia and she confirmed that indeed it is a hernia. It's an Umbilical Hernia, as I predicted. She set me an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow at 1pm. So, looks like I'll be headed back over there. Now this is what Fyrescape is all about...I am very healthy!! The doc was happy that I was working on my weight. She was very happy and told me to keep it up. She was also happy that I did not smoke, drink, do drugs, or any of that crazy stuff. She told me to watch my foods and even what I drink. So, I'm going to really have to bust out the old Fyrescape Year One moves after I get this hernia fixed. Oh man, I so hope they can fix it and soon. I want to go back to work so bad and I also need to get started on saving up for our New York City trip next June, as well as our trip back to San Diego next August or so. But more importantly, if Lisa gets into Nursing school, well I'll have to be paying our bills because she'll need to quit her job and go to school all day, everyday. I really need to be healed up by then so I can pick up the slack and keep the ball rolling. It's gonna be a tough wild ride over the next year. I just hope things go smoothly with this whole hernia thing.

So that's my day. We were there all day! Left early this morning so we had no time to exercise. I'm just worried about my visit tomorrow. My blood pressure was kinda high, that's the only thing. My mom freaked me out by saying that high blood pressure might be an interference with my surgery :( She said they might not schedule me for a month or so. Oh man, I really hope not. I need to get this fixed like NOW!! Tomorrow will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR