Day One Hundred Seven - RBD

Another busy day today!
This morning grandpa and I went to town. I bought some parts for my job today. I bought a new shut off valve, as well as some pipe and some connecters to fix everything up. Dang that stuff is expensive. So I had about $200 in emergency cash. Turns out, this was the emergency. That money was supposed to be used for our trip, so technically this was it. I hadn't really realized it right away. I was thinking that all the money we took out for our trip, ended up going to the damn waterline. But then, that's when it hit me. I'm so thankful we took out that loan and had extra money, including this emergency cash. I can't imagine how much of a hole we would've been in had we not had the extra cash. I'm very thankful!!!

Anyway, after buying the parts, I went home and started working on everything. I first replaced my water shut off valve under my place. That actually required another connector so Lees and I had to cruise back up town to the same place and get another piece. The guy there is really helpful. He's willing to fix me up a whole new waterline piece that goes by my water heater. That's gonna cost some coin too, but I'm not planning on doing that until maybe next month, or maybe even October. I just need to fix it for now. So, after buying what I needed, I went home and finished up the job. I changed out my shut off valve, then I went inside and fixed up the ruptured waterline. My grandpa came back afterwards and looked it all over. He accidentally broke another piece of the waterline. So, this time I turned off the water with the new shut off valve. I patched that up too. Now, it's leak free and look Awesome! The whole thing still needs to be replaced, but I'll get it eventually. My plan is that when we go on the trip, I'm going to just shut off my water to my place. If my brother wants to use water, he can turn it on long enough to use it, then turn it back off. No biggie ;)

Ok, that was my crazy morning! I got everything all fixed up, so now I need to really clean up this place. Oh man it's a mess in here. My living room is trashed and there's stickers all over. Lisa's room looks like a war zone. I don't know how she's gonna fix that all up. So, that's going to be the rest of my day. I'm so glad I got that problem fixed. Things are looking brighter once again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR