Day One Hundred Nineteen - 2nd Hospital visit for my hernia

MY SURGERY DATE IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK, SEPTEMBER 2ND WOOHOO!!!!

Yup, that is right!! The visit today went Awesome!! Oh and before I get into the visit, let me tell you what the surgeon said to me. When he walked in, he right away told me about the surgery and then he said and I quote, "You're a big guy, you probably weigh about 260 or 270 right?!" HA, SEE I TOLD YOU!! I really don't look like I weigh that much. The assistant doctor who's going to be assisting in the surgery told him my actual weight. He looked at me, then seemed kinda surprised. Then he said to me, "You carry it really well!" That made my day, man. I knew I didn't look like that. Lisa tells me all the time, but of course I never believe her. So yeah, that's what was said.

So about the surgery, they're gonna fix my Umbilical Hernia. The doctor was happy and understanding that I wanted to get it fixed. He told me how it was going to go and explained the whole procedure to me. It sounds like an easy process. It's Day surgery so I'll be out within a few hours. After talking to them, I had to make other visits to other offices in the hospital and get all my pre-surgery things done and sign papers. It was a long process and rushed too because Lisa had to go to school. Today was her first day of college for the fall semester. She had class at 4pm and by 3:20, we were still out there. Oh man, I felt bad because I didn't want her to miss her first day of class. Luckily we got out of there just about 3:30pm. I was finally done. I'll be applying for Medicaid also, which is Awesome! Now I won't have to travel all the way out there just to visit the doc, or dental. I can do it right here in town. Oh man, this is all so exciting! I'm very happy that my surgery is next week. I want to get this hernia fixed and wipe it off my list. There are so many other things I want to focus on, but this hernia is one that has been lingering in my world ever since the day before Fyrescape Year One!!

The other cool thing is that I am very healthy! No diabetes or anything like that. My blood sugar is excellent. My blood pressure was fine also! The doc said that yesterday it was probably high because I was nervous about being in the hospital and getting seen, which is true! I was really nervous about what they were going to tell me and whether I can have the surgery soon or not. But yeah, that was probably why. Other than that, it was pretty good. I think this walking I've been doing has really helped that area. I really want to start watching my diet very carefully and only eating stuff that is good for my body. That's definitely a part of Fyrescape 2 from now on.

So that's my good news!! So I have 7 days to do whatever I can around here. After the surgery, the doc says I can't drive for ten days. He also says that I will be on very light duty restriction for at least 4 weeks. No lifting more than ten pounds. So I won't be able to really exercise. I can probably walk, but I don't know if I can do the whole 3 miles thing. I'll see though, I'm gonna ask again on the day of surgery.

Anyway, as for this morning, since my appointment wasn't until 1pm, Lisa and I did 3 miles! It felt great to walk. I did not do any more exercising today because when both doctors examined me today, they really shoved their fingers into my hernia. Ugh, oh man that was painful. Now, my stomach is really bothering me. So since coming home, I've been just laid up. I can't really do anything. My stomach feels like crap, bigtime! Oh man and to add to my suffering, I've had a killer headache all day. When we took my mom's van back to her house after Lisa's class this evening. I told them about my surgery and they invited us to stay for dinner, which was Awesome! We got to eat and my mom gave me an aleve for my headache. It finally went away! Now it's just my stomach bothering me. So, I'm going to be lazy the rest of the evening. Hopefully tomorrow I feel better ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR