Day Sixty Eight

Did our 3 miles this morning!

Lisa has been so good about getting this done. She's up and ready to go most mornings. Some days I'll have to go to her room and practically drag her out of her bed to get her movin, but most days she's up and ready on her own.

This past week of just doing 3 miles and skipping out on my morning and evening workouts, well it's really helped my body kinda mellow out. I've really been working hard the last few months. It's great and I really feel the changes in my body. I'm getting leaner and you can really tell in my chest, as it's gotten hard and firm. My legs have really gotten strong. I just felt like I needed to take a break from all of that. I'd get up to exercise in the morning and my body would just feel worn out. I needed to just let my body ease up for a bit, so this break I gave myself is really good, I think. It's helped out. Also, it's not like last year when I hurt my knees out in Chama. That time, I really went off the deep end. Yeah I cut my 6 miles down to 3 miles, but I also let my eating slip. I started eating fast food again and I stopped drinking water, and basically only drank diet soda. I'm really glad that happened, though, because it taught me so much about how we can slip in our diets. I'd never really been on a diet before that time, so I didn't know much about anything. It taught me though, it also taught me how we can fool ourselves into thinking that we're doing ok by drinking diet soda. Like that's some kind of health drink....IT'S NOT!!! Diet soda is actually not a good thing for you to drink. It'll actually help you gain weight because it'll take all your focus off drinking healthy drinks, especially water. You need to drink water!! Trust me, water does EVERYTHING that every health expert out there says that it does. I have experienced the effects of water first hand and it truly is amazing! If you don't like the taste of plain water (like Lisa, she's like that) then get some natural flavoring with zero sugar. They sell those packets at Walmart. It just adds a bit of flavor to water. Make sure it's not a sweetener though. No sugar, or unhealthy stuff. Another great thing to add is lemons. Get some lemon slices and put them in your water pitcher, then put it in the freezer. That'll be pretty good also. Me, I love water with ice. It makes you feel like your eating something, rather than drinking and it tastes great! So try different things everyday, but always drink water!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR