Day Eighty One - REST DAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today is my best friend's birthday!!
We don't have much money because of all the San Diego savings and bills that we're taking care of, but today I did my very best to give Lisa and Awesome 30th birthday! She's 30 today!! WOW!!!
Time sure flys by!! I first met Lisa when she was 12, can you believe that! Now she's 30! I'm so proud of her and I will always be there for her, as she's always there for me. We have our tough times and our arguments, but we always pull thru. When I took her in all those years ago after none of her family wanted her after her own mom kicked her out on the streets, I told her that she'll always have a place to stay with me, and I meant it. In 12 years, I never let her go. Now she's got a wonderful life and hopefully be accepted into the Nursing program this fall and start in January. Then, next year I'm taking her to New York City for her first trip out there. Hopefully it's in celebration for her getting into the Nursing program and on her road to being an RN. That would be so Awesome!

Anyway, today I took her to two movies! I had a day planned so I made today the Rest Day so we could do whatever she wanted. We went to see Ant-Man this morning, which was Awesome! Then immediately after, we watched Terminator Genisys again. She really loves that movie! After that, we cruised over to the park so she could walk in the grass, which is another thing she wanted to do. We freshened up at the bathrooms there, then I took her to lunch at Red Lobster, which is what she'd been wanting for a while. Her mom was supposed to take her, but of course, her mom canceled on her. So I took her for an Awesome seafood feast. After that, we were tuckered out, so we came home and rested up for about an hour. Then we left to get her cake at Walmart. She wanted a carrot cake, which she had decorated with Joker colors, since she's a huge Joker fan. Then I took her to Hastings where she spent the next hour and a half looking for presents she wanted. She got some movies, books, and some Joker key chain things, as well as some comic books. Then, finally we came home and cleaned up the place real quick, fed the animals. Then, ugh, I sang Happy Birthday to her lol, and we ate cake and watched her movie, 'Hardball'.

That was her day! She was very happy. I'm so glad I was able to do something for her birthday. I really wanted that. I did not want to pass up her birthday. Lisa is my best friend, but in so many ways, she's almost like my kid too. I've been taking care of her since she was still in high school. Her mom kicked her out when she was 18 and she was still in high school. I put her thru school and got her all her graduation stuff. It was very hard because so many times she wanted to just give up but I pushed her and pushed her. I helped her get a job, a vehicle, and gave her a place. So anyway, the point is, she's almost like my kid. So I like to give her everything she needs and wants, and give her a great birthday, especially since this is her 30th birthday. Oh man, I feel so old everyday. I still remember when I was 12 like it was yesterday. Crazy!! But yeah, I was very happy she had an Awesome day! Now, tomorrow we get back to reality and start saving up for the San Diego trip next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR