Day One Hundred Ninety Four

Today was a good day!

Did 3 miles this morning. Yesterday Lisa timed it. We went and did our 3 miles, then we came home and watered the trees. All of that took us 1 hour and 30 minutes, which was great progress because that first walk we did after my recovery was over, that thing took us about 2 and a half hours to complete. We were walking super slow. So all that yesterday and we got it done in an hour and a half was great! Today, we got the walk done and the trees watered in 1 hr 20 mins. We are making great progress. I really pushed our pace today. When we started out I told Lisa "come on, let's walk fast. None of this grandma stroll today!" So we did it, we walked fast and hard. That was great! My legs are getting stronger and the GREAT thing is that my feet are getting stronger also!! They aren't hurting as bad and when I woke up this morning, I was ready to walk so I asked Lisa and she was happy to do it. We're getting there!!

We didn't go to church today. They had another meeting today also, but I really needed to try working on my truck. My heater in there is just blowing cold air and I'm thinking it's my thermostat. Everything else seems fine so I'll need to buy one of those soon. I wish I could afford it, but can't. It's so cold at night and I don't want Lisa driving home from work in a cold truck especially when it starts getting worse and the windows start to frost. So I need to get that damn thing fixed. I also need to get my car running, the one Lisa bought me in July. That one is there and ready. I just couldn't work on it due to my recovery, but now I can, we just need the money. I need a new transmission pan and gasket put on it to stop the leaking transmission fluid. Also it needs a new O2 sensor and maybe a new water pump, but mainly I need to get that pan and gasket replaced. That's the big problem right there. Soon as that's done, then I'll be able to drive it around and take it up town to get it checked.

I also applied for work today :D I put in some applications online and I looked for other jobs to apply for. I spent the entire evening doing that. I even tried calling Albertsons to tell my former boss that I did put in an application there a while back but haven't heard anything, just in case she's wondering if I did or not. She wasn't there but they left her a message to call me so tomorrow I should get a call. Also, I called Walmart and asked them about my being banned to work there. The manager there took my name and my number. She said she's going to do some research on it and that she'll have someone call me tomorrow and talk to me about it. So that's a bit of good news. I mean, I don't think they'll let me work there ever again, but to at least get someone to tell me that sheds some light on the whole topic. I've been banned from ever working at ANY Walmart or Sams Club for the last 9 years now. The reason, well there was this manager named Ramos. He hated my guts, let me tell you. He was not my manager, but he constantly kept pulling me out of my department and forcing me to go to the back and unload trucks. I was the only one in my department, which was Pets. During my shift it was just me. I kept telling him that, but he assured me that he would get someone else to cover my department. This was when I was a dumb kid too. I didn't know much and I was not the person I am now. Nowadays, I don't take that crap from anyone, but back then I was kind of a pushover. Well I did what he said, without thinking about my department. Soon, because he wasn't getting anyone to cover me, everyone started wondering where I was and what I wasn't in my department. Rumors started flying around. To make it worse, Ramos was also forcing me to go out to the parking lot and push carts around. So I would be out there for about two hours doing that and NOBODY would be in the Pets department. Ppl began to think that I was clocking in and leaving the store because they would see me coming inside. It was horrible. Finally my boss got wind of it and she came up to me demanding to know where the hell I was and why I wasn't working. I got so pissed off and told her that it was Ramos and that he keeps pulling me out of the department to go do all this other shit in the back and outside. Because she was so stupid I guess, she tells me "oh ok, well if Ramos tells  you to do anything just go ahead and do it". I'm like....uh..ok then. So I had to do every damn thing he said after that, which got me in more hot water with the other associates. Ppl were starting to think I was clocking in and leaving the store because I was never in my department. Everyone was getting angry with me. Not to mention, one night I caught Ramos doing a really shitty thing. That bastard knew when my shift was. He asked me a few times and I told him 11am to 8pm everyday. He freakin knew that! Well one night I went to the store to shop for my dad's birthday. I got him a card. I went there at 10pm, two hours after my shift ended. This was on the night of December 6th, and that asshole was calling me on the intercom to go back and unload trucks. He kept calling and calling for me and he was sounding really angry. I thought WTF! Apparently, this prick was doing that all the time. He would wait until I got off work, then he would be calling me to go unload trucks or do some more of his shit. Well, a few days later on December 10, 2006, I made the mistake of asking Lisa (who also worked there in the bakery at the time) to clock me out. The time clock was way in the back on the other side of the store. I was so tired from a long shift and I didn't want to go all the way back there and clock out because I still had to put away my merchandise. She was on her way to clock out so I gave her my badge and asked her to clock me out. I didn't think that was a big deal, why? Because Everyone did that! There were lots of associates who did that. Ppl asked me to do that at times and I've seen others do that as well. They don't want to walk all the way to the back so they'd ask someone else to clock them out. It was really no big deal. Well the next two days, both of us were off. When we came back in on our Monday morning, we both got called into the office immediately after we clocked in. Not at the same time, though. They fired Lisa first. They were trying to get her to admit to them some BS lie that I was clocking in and leaving the store (due to all the shit that Ramos called by pulling me out of my department). Lisa denied it because that's not what happened. They threatened to fire her if she didn't tell them what they wanted to hear and she flat out refused and denied it so they fired her. Then, they called me into the office and said there were numerous complaints about me. That's when they told me flat out that the managers (meaning fuckin Ramos) would be calling me daily and that he actually had ppl over in my department looking for me and no one ever found me. They accused me of clocking in and leaving the store. Everyone was complaining about me and that I was never in my department. I got so mad and told him it was Ramos and that he was pulling all this shit against me and that he was the cause of it all. Well they didn't believe me. I demanded to pull Ramos into the office and I was going to plaster this shit all over him and make him confess to everything, but that fucking son of a bitch did not come into work that day! He stayed home. That fucking son of a bitchin bastard did not even show up that day and avoided all of it. So when they asked me if Lisa clocked me out, I told them the truth and that she did, but that it was only that one day. Well they then thanked me for being honest, but I don't know, they may have took that as me admitting to them that I was clocking in and leaving the store, which was bullshit. Well they banned me from ever working for any Walmart or Sams Club for...ever I guess. My job was stolen from me by that fuckin shit Ramos. So now, 9 years later, they still hold that against me I guess. Well one month after my termination, Ramos quit and went to work at the Juvenile detention center. He did his dirty deed and got me fired. Then there was nothing left for him to do there, other than that maybe someone was onto him about what he did and he left to avoid anything getting back to him, who knows! That guy was a fucking prick! That was not the first time he did that either. Back in 2001, that was when I had my first run in with Ramos. Walmart was my first real job out of high school. I worked overnights and he was the manager of the overnight crew. That was when I first met him and he didn't like me, I believe, because there was this woman named Patty that I thought was freakin HOT and she liked me. I think Ramos like her really bad and I stole his thunder. Here that dumbass was married too. Can't believe someone would marry his dumbass! Anyway, he was always giving me shit every night. Then it got worse. I only lasted two months. One night he locked me out of the store. This was before Walmart went to 24 hours. They closed at 10pm every night. That was when my shift started. I had got there right at 10 and as I was running to the door, he glared at me then locked the door, locking me out. I stood there for about an hour trying to get someone's attention to open the door. Well just about an hour later, this other woman who was late, came pulling up then she ran to the door. She knocked twice and Ramos came running over with a big smile on his face. She comes in and he says to her "oh your're late huh" then he laughed. She laughed and said sorry and walked right in. Then, he turned and glared at me really bad. I walked past him and then he followed me and demanded to know why I was late. I told him that I wasn't late and that he locked me out of the store. Well then he got really offended by that and he actually walked up to me with his chest out and challenged me physically. The prick actually wanted to fight me! He asked in a really threatening manner if I was giving him attitude and stuck his chest out and damn near bumped into me. I told him "NO" and he finally calmed down. But that's what that asshole did to me. Well one day when I was doing 'Hallowed Eve' at church, I obviously needed the night off and he would not give it to me. I tried and tried, but he wouldn't budge, so then I called in. Well the next morning after that night, I went in and he was so pissed off at me. He pulled me into the office and flat out told me that he was going to fire me because my job performance was shit and that everyone was complaining about me. He said that he was going to fire me, BUT that I could resign from my job and that it would look better on my work record if I did that. Also that if I didn't resign he was going to fire me. Well, being that idiot kid I was, I didn't know any better so I let him bully me out of my job and I resigned. That's how he got rid of me the first time. I went back in 2003 but I worked in Bakery and that's where I was for the next 3 years. He was demoted from Assistant Manager and shipped out to another store. There were so many complaints about him. Well at the end of 2006, I quit Bakery and they put me on the other side of the store in Pets. Ironically, that asshole was made an assistant manager again at that same time and I was in the exact same department I was in back in 2001, only this time I worked during the day. He wasn't even my manager and he did all that shit to me. My manager never stood up for me. So that's my history with that fuckin asshole, Ramos. Now, because of him, I'm banned from ever working at Walmart again. I hope to change that! I really am not that dumb kid anymore. I've learned so much over the years and I've become someone entirely different. I really want that chance back. So I called Walmart and now they're going to get back to me tomorrow. Hopefully it's positive news, but I don't know. I'm sure they're going to just let it stand. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, so now I have applications out there. Now, I've got prospects out there waiting. I hope it's some good news and I hope I get a job soon. I can't wait to go back to work AND continue my workouts daily. This is exciting and I hope that everything goes great!! It's cold now and I'm going to fire up my stove and warm the place up. Today was an Awesome day!!! Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR