Day Two Hundred Nineteen - 2015 Christmas Parade

Today was Awesome!!

I was busy with the Christmas float today so I didn't get any exercise in. However, running around and getting things organized, then making sure the float was at the church, that was exercise in itself.
Today was a great day! My grandma took Lisa and I to lunch. I'm so glad of that because we got to eat before we went to get the float and really get things started. My dad got off early so as soon as we were done and headed back home, he was back. He helped get things ready, then we all took the truck up to the church and began setting up. Once it was ready, everyone left. Lisa had class so she left soon after. I waited at the church for everyone to show up.

Just about 4pm, that's when we headed over to the lot. Despite the pastor making me feel like crap yesterday, I was able to look past that and continue talking to him without anger.

The Parade was Awesome!! I had some help with these great kids along with Lisa and the Pastor. They walked and handed out candy. My brother rode with me in the truck. I drove the float thru the parade. My dad did such a great job on the float. He's really into trains, I know, so this one was probably his favorite that we've ever done. 'All Aboard the Polar Express' was/is the theme. The whole truck was the front of the train and the flatbed trailer, my Grandpa built this really neat train passenger car. That's where all the kids were sitting in. We put a heater in there so they wouldn't be cold. It was great! I had my fogger put thru the train stack so we had actual steam rising from it. That was a huge hit with the audience, especially the kids. Ppl were taking pictures of our float and complimenting it throughout the whole parade. It was Awesome! We were a hit ;)

I'm so proud of everyone who helped. This parade went really well. I'm so happy when things like this go great. By the end of the night, I felt so much better about things. Now, I've got to start work on the Christmas Program. We're having it on December 20th at 6pm. Pastor was really pushing me to start working on that. Despite what he said, I'm ok now and I want to do this for the church. So, starting soon I'll be planning a Puppet Show for the Christmas Program and organizing it all. I've got lots to do. This, however, will be my last event of the year. I always start with October and finish it off with the Program. I'd like to do something in the summer. I used to organize a church camping trip in June, but we'll see if that actually plays out the way we want this coming summer. It'll be nice!

After the parade, everyone gathered at the church for some food. That's our tradition. I got to hear everyone's positive comments on the float and that was Awesome! After we ate, everyone helped put things away and we ended the night on a positive note. Tomorrow I'll have to go and take the float apart. That's how it usually works ;) Anyway, I'm home now and it's time to relax. Goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two Hundred Thirty Three

Day Two Hundred Thirty Five

TODAY I GOT A NEW CAR